There's No Shame In Starting Over

I think sometimes when we fall behind in something, or completely fall off the wagon, it's easy for us to just give up. We start thinking it would be easier if we just quit altogether. We listen to the little voice that tells us we failed, so why even bother trying again.


Sometimes things happen and we get off track with our goals and plans. I want you to know it's okay. Sometimes we fall behind just out of laziness, it happens. Don't beat yourself up about it and don't listen to that little voice telling you that you will just fail again. That voice is a liar.





I think the only time we fail is when we quit trying, when we quit starting over. I think that is when we fail.
It doesn't matter if it is in your fitness routine, your healthy eating, your Bible study, or your business. Whatever it is, if it is important to you, don't quit.
And I want you to know that you aren't alone. I've had to take that first step again in several areas lately, but I'm not quitting. I'm not giving up and I'm not listening the voice that tells me I'm a failure for falling behind in the first place. I'm human, I mess up and I make mistakes. I'm not a failure - because I won't quit!

I pray you know that you are not a failure and it's okay to start over. Dust yourself off, hold your head up and take that first step!
*Originally posted July 2016 on my former blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes I Don't Like Serving Others

Why WHEW Tribe?

Love Them First