Following Christ's Example of Love

What makes you feel loved?

Do you ever really stop to think about this question? Pause for a moment and really consider it...

...seriously, consider it for a moment. What makes you feel loved?...

Now, do you consider what makes those close to you feel loved? Those things you thought of that make you feel loved, do you do those things for others? Can you honestly say that you make an effort everyday to make your loved ones feel loved?

I can't.

Oh, I would love to say I do, but I don't. I get busy and caught up in the ordinary, everyday routine of things and don't intentionally love my family. It's easy to do, isn't it? It is easy to just go through our normal motions without really giving thought to loving those around us.

I hope to change that!

For the month of February I will be talking about biblical love and how we can show that love to those closest to us. I'm not just talking about husbands and children, although, if you are a wife or mother, they are your first priority in showing love. However, whatever stage of life you are in, I believe you will still benefit. You can love on your friends, your parents, your siblings, or even your coworkers. Jesus calls us to love everyone, so surely there is someone you can show love to. 

The bible calls us to follow Jesus' example...

"You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had." Philippians 2:5 NLT

When we really consider Jesus' life on earth, he was the ultimate servant. Everything he did was to serve and benefit others. The only reason he even came to this earth was to serve us. His life and death were marked with service, motivated by his love for us. 

So, if we are to have the same attitude as Christ and his entire life was about serving others, what should that tell us?

We may not like the answer and it definitely goes against the norm of the world right now, but we are called to follow Christ, not the world. He served to the point of death and I would venture to say that none of us have even come close to that kind of service. 

During the month of February we'll be focusing on loving others by following Christ's example of serving them. Each day I will post a new challenge on the WHEW Tribe Facebook page. I also have a WHEW Tribe closed Facebook group, this group is a more personal discussion group. If you would like to join the group, please message me through Facebook or feel free to participate through the page linked above.

My prayer is that we will develop the habit of INTENTIONALLY loving those around us by following Christ's example of service.

love like Christ



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes I Don't Like Serving Others

Why WHEW Tribe?

Love Them First