Returning to the Basics Brought Back My Joy

I have always loved all things old fashioned. I think maybe because it reminds me of my childhood, my grandma and the wonderful memories I have growing up. I love antique dishes and furniture. I love aprons and quilts. I love gardens and homemade pies. 

To me cooking from scratch, gardening and sewing are old fashioned skills, because it doesn't seem near as many women do these things as used to. These skills used to be part of everyday life, at least in my family they were. 

My Grandma always made pies from scratch, biscuits from scratch, hung out her clothes to dry and they had the best garden ever! Grandma fed anyone that stopped by and never acted like it was a bother. She took care of Grandpa and the house, because that's just the way it was done. Her home was always in order and she was always busy doing something. I learned a lot from Grandma, just by being around her - even though I didn't appreciate it until I was older.

I remember when I was in the third grade, we lived in town for awhile with my grandparents while we looked for a house to buy. I remember being able to walk home from school for lunch and my mom would have lunch waiting for me, I loved those times. I think times like that are what made me know that I wanted to stay home with my kids. I learned to cook and clean from my mom, she makes the best chicken fried steak and gravy. 

As I have gotten back to baking and cooking from scratch for my family the last few weeks, I have realized that my joy and contentment have increased. I have always had a heart for baking, gardening, sewing and taking care of my family and our home and I hadn't realized how much I had gotten away from it and the stress it was causing me. I had been struggling in some areas for quite awhile and once I got my priorities straight again, the struggles stopped. I have a peace and joy that I hadn't even realized I had lost.



I have a renewed focus and passion for my family and home and it feels wonderful. I even have a renewed inspiration to blog, whereas before it had been a struggle to even find something to write about. My renewed focus has given me a renewed passion and purposed for this blog. WHEW Tribe is all about helping and encouraging women, and my goal is to help and encourage women to love Jesus, their families and their homes. 

I plan to share more about my life and how I do things. We live a pretty simple life and I love it that way, but I hope that by sharing even the simple things, I can encourage other women and renew their focus on their own family and home. 

I pray that you will be encouraged by my posts, but I also pray that you will share your experiences and tips. We can all learn from and encourage each other. So please leave a comment and let me know you are here. I really love hearing from my readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes I Don't Like Serving Others

Why WHEW Tribe?

Love Them First