Rekindling the Fire

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the usual, ordinary tasks of our everyday life and let the romance in our marriage take a back seat. 

Well, it is for me anyway.

I have a tendency to be a task oriented person and although that helps get my to-do list done, it can also mean that I don't take time to work on relationships (with my husband or my children).

It isn't that I don't love them or spend time with them, but I often forget to put in that extra effort.

You know, that extra effort that goes beyond just taking care of their everyday needs.

That extra effort of little things that can make a big difference and really show them they are important to me.

More important than my to do list.

I've been married 19 years and we have a great marriage! But in those 19 years I've learned that keeping the fire going takes work. 

It takes that extra effort - but it's so worth it!



Rekindling the fire can make a good marriage great! It shows your husband that you love him enough to put in that extra effort - instead of just settling for an okay marriage.


Rekindling the fire not only makes your husband feel loved, but respected and cherished. From my experience, when my husband feels loved and cherished, he's more likely to return that extra effort. 

Now, I'm not saying to do this so that you get extra effort from your husband. Not at all. That could set you up for complete disappointment and if you aren't doing it with the right motives, it most likely won't work anyway. 

We should work on our marriages because it's important. No other reason.

So, I've purposed to start rekindling the fire.

I'm going to make a point of taking time to do those extra little things.

Those things that say, "I care enough about you and our marriage to make it better, to make it fantastic."



So what are those little things?

I'm going to list just a few, but I would love to hear your input and ideas!

1. Start his car/truck for him in the morning when it's cold and leave an "I love you" sticky note on the steering wheel.

2. Send him a random "I love you" text during the day OR if you're feeling really playful, use your imagination for a text that he'd really love.

3. Surprise him with a date. It doesn't have to cost anything - you could arrange child care with someone (barter babysitting if you need to) and fix his favorite meal at home. 

4. Make sure his favorite drinks are made ahead of time, keep his favorite snacks on hand and keep clean clothes in his closet and his shirts ironed, if that's what he prefers. (Hopefully we are doing this anyway, but I slack sometimes, so a reminder is good.)

5. Make sure you are kissing and hugging him good bye each morning and welcoming him home each night with a smile and a kiss. 

These are just a few simple ideas, let's continue this conversation on the WHEW Tribe Facebook page. I can't wait to hear your ideas. 

Let's work on rekindling the fire and making our marriages even better!!

I mean really, can your marriage ever be too good?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes I Don't Like Serving Others

Why WHEW Tribe?

Love Them First