Facing the Same Struggles- Again

I have let Satan win. Again. 

Ugh, will I ever learn? 

Maybe. But maybe not. Even as I am writing this, I'm giving in again.



I hear that voice of perfectionism in my head that is critiquing every word I type to make sure I'm saying everything correctly, that I'm using just the right words to get my point across. This voice is what keeps me from blogging more, it tells me I have to know just what to say and how to say it correctly and let's not forget about proper punctuation. Every time I think about writing a post, this voice starts questioning me: what do you think they want to hear, what picture are you going to use with the post, do you really have time to sit down and write, what about all your housework?

So, I don't write. I don't share with you what is on my heart, because I listen to that voice. That same voice also tells me that I'm a failure and that if I share what's really on my heart, you will all see just how many times I really fail. You will really see that I do NOT have it all together. Not even close.


But then there is another voice and it whispers, but they need to know. They need to know they aren't alone. It assures me that I am not the only one that struggles with the same issues, over and over. And over. This voice reminds me that God called me to this blog for a reason; he gave me the name for this blog for a reason - because letting you see that I fail and that I don't have it all together is EXACTLY what I am supposed to be doing. I am supposed to share my failures and fears with you, because deep down I know that some of you have them too and you need to know that you are not alone. 

So, I am purposing right now to obey God and fulfill the mission he has given me with this blog. I am letting go of the worries, the fears and the perfectionism. I have to stop caring if I'm using proper grammar, because that really isn't my strong area. I have to stop worrying about my readers judging me, because honestly I should only care what God thinks. I have to stop thinking about whether or not my posts "look okay" according the blog experts, because truthfully, I'm not concerned with making this a "professional" blog, I just want to encourage and help other women. 

I pray that however and whatever I write will encourage someone that has taken the time to read it. I pray that by laying down those cares and obeying God, this blog would be a blessing to other women. I pray that I would continue to listen to God and ignore that other voice. 

I pray that you, my friend, would be helped and encouraged and that you would say, "Whew! I'm not alone!"


(And just to prove a point that I struggle with the same issues over and over, I want to share this post with you. Guess what it is about? This exact same thing. It seems in February, I wrote about this same exact struggle. I pray that this time I truly conquer this struggle.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes I Don't Like Serving Others

Why WHEW Tribe?

Love Them First